Dental Hygienist Services in Eugene & Springfield, Oregon
We proudly provide dental hygiene and teeth cleaning services and related treatments to residents in the Eugene, Oregon area. Please call to schedule your appointment today: 541-636-3100.
Absolute Health Medical Clinic is focused on prevention and getting you feeling better. Preventative dental care is vital to overall body health. To assist you with this we offer the following dental services:
- Preventive Teeth Cleanings
- Root Planing
- Teeth Whitening
- Teeth Sealants
When you come to our clinic for dental cleanings and other services, you won’t walk out with a large bill because our services don’t include those expensive dental treatments. If our experienced hygienist feels that you need further work, she will make a recommendation for you to see a Dentist.
Regular dental cleanings are the only way to remove tartar or hard deposits from your teeth, which helps to prevent gum disease. When our hygienist polishes your teeth it not only makes them look and feel better, it smoothes and polishes tooth surfaces so they are less likely to accumulate plaque.
At Absolute Health our aim is to establish and maintain healthy teeth and gums for our patients for the rest of their lives. We deliver a high standard of preventive dental care and cover all aspects of general dentistry.
Preventive Dentistry aims to reduce the required dental restorations in your lifetime by minimizing your risk of developing tooth decay and gum disease.
Mastering the art of good dental hygiene is a fundamental component of Preventive Dentistry care.
Top Tips for Brushing Teeth:
- Brush your teeth at least twice per day (after breakfast and after dinner).
- Brush with a soft round bristle toothbrush.
- Place your toothbrush where the gum meets the tooth, at a 45degree angle (enabling you to clean under the gum line). Bacteria accumulate along the tooth at the gum line, so it is essential to focus on this area.
- Brush your gums very gently. (The correct brushing motion is a circular massaging technique along the gum line rather than vigorous brushing back and forth. Vigorous brushing can injure your gums.)
- Use a tongue scraper to clean your tongue which will remove additional bacteria and freshen your breath.
- Replace your toothbrush every three to four months or after an illness, whichever comes first.
The Importance of Flossing Your Teeth:
It is essential to floss your teeth at least once each day for optimal dental health. When you brush teeth, you are removing plaque from the surface of your teeth...
Sincerely, Terry Hodgin"