The Healing Art of Reiki
What is Reiki?
Reiki (Ray-key) is an ancient healing method that was rediscovered in Japan in the late 1800s. Reiki means “Universal Life Force” in Japanese. Reiki enables a person to transmit a loving, nurturing, healing and peaceful energy through their hands to be used on themselves and others. Reiki is very healing to every aspect of our Being, the Physical Body, Emotions, the Mind and the Spirit. Reiki has a divine intelligence and flows to where it is needed most and in the perfect amount. Reiki is gentle while being extremely powerful and with the ability to bring Health, Balance, Cleansing and Insight into our lives - Precious!
Reiki was rediscovered and formulated into a practical healing method by Dr. Mikao Usui, a Christian Theological Professor. In the late 1800s, at a seminary in Kyoto, his students repeatedly, asked him, “How did Jesus and Buddha Heal?” Dr. Usui did not know and looked upon this question as a life challenge and set out to find the answer. He began extensive research through ancient Buddhist Scriptures written in Sanskrit. He found clues and with these retreated to a holy mountain in Japan where he meditated and fasted for 21 days. On the last day he received visions of the Reiki symbols and instructions on their use.
Thus, “The Dr. Usui System of Natural Healing” was born. Reiki is a Spiritual Science and Practice of which many cultures have their own versions. Forever there has been the belief that Life Force Energy permeates all things and many cultures use subtle energy for healing purposes.
Benefits of Reiki:
Reiki has the ability to heal on all levels of our Being, Body, Emotions, Mind and Spirit. Reiki Energy flows to where it is needed most, to heal the causes of disease and distress as well as the symptoms. Reiki is useful in so many ways:
- Reduces stress and stress related tensions and illnesses
- Calms the mind and emotions
- Assists in the emotional recovery of trauma, depression and anxiety
- Accelerates healing from injury, surgery and illness
- Complements and assists standard and alternative medical treatments from Western or Eastern traditions
- Promotes Well-Being, Inner Peace and a healthy outlook on life
- Revitalizes, energizes and balances
Enhances our own natural ability to heal
- Facilitates self-healing, spiritual growth and transformation
- Healing touch in a gentle way